UK Friends of HIRN Covid 19 appeal

Ali Morgan shares an appeal from UK friends of Hebron:

We urgently need your support to help Palestinian communities in the West Bank. Please consider giving a regular monthly donation or one-off gift

HIRN delivers vital supplies

Coronovirus is causing severe hardship among communities in occupied Palestine and this is exacerbated by the Israeli occupation. Hebron International Resources Network (HIRN) is working hard to ease the impacts in the West Bank and we urgently need your support.

The Palestinian Authority (P.A) declared a State of Emergency in March after an outbreak of Covid 19 began in Bethlehem, spreading to other parts of the West Bank. The P.A. only has security control over Area A, the main city centres – just 18% of the West Bank. The remaining 82% is controlled by the Israeli Military and this means that the P.A. is unable to implement Covid 19 response measures or provide vital support to the hundreds of communities across this area.

Many of these communities have suffered decades of human rights abuses and impoverishment under the Israeli occupation. Like the rest of the world they are under lockdown, with schools and other facilities closed and with the constant threat of a Covid 19 outbreak.  Movement restrictions are impacting their livelihoods by preventing them from taking agricultural produce to nearby towns for sale, and preventing them obtaining food, medicines and other essential supplies. And to make matters worse, the Israeli military and settlers are exploiting the pandemic situation and have stepped-up their harassment of Palestinians, even  demolishing health clinics and confiscating medical supplies during the Coronovirus crisis.

Please support our work at this particularly challenging time. If possible please commit to a regular monthly donation as this helps us plan our work more effectively. Thank you for your support.

UK Friends of HIRN

Donate to HIRN

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.